Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Harper meets Henry

It seems fitting that Harper and Henry were born exactly 7 weeks apart, both at 10:28 on a Thursday morning, both by Tracey Bolden.  Henry's mom, Emily, and I met during pregnancy.  Jamie and I were swimming at the Y one night and we noticed a pregnant lady swimming in the lane next to us.  Jamie said "hey look, a pregnant lady, haven't you been looking for someone pregnant to hang out with?" I said "yeah, should I just go up to her and say "I noticed you're pregnant, let's be friends!"" Ha! we went about our swim and left the pool without giving it a second thought.

The following Monday at yoga there was a "new girl" who had just moved back to town.  Her name was Emily.  After class, she asked me if I was at the Y the previous week.  Small world!  A couple weeks later Jamie and I attended our water birth class.  Also in attendance were Emily and her husband, LJ.  In the next week or so I ran into Emily at the Co-op, Waterfront and at Gundersen.  I realized we were probably meant to be friends!  Emily and I started chatting and realized that we had very similar birth plans.  We both wanted a natural birth, a water birth if possible, to nurse, use cloth diapers, etc. etc.  It was great having a pregnant friend to discuss plans, concerns, etc. with.  It's even better having a new mom to talk to who has recently gone through everything I'm currently going through!

Emily and Henry brought me and Harper lunch today.  Well, Henry and Harper had their milk but Emily and I had a yummy lunch from the co-op.  It was great to catch up and talk about what went as planned, what we hadn't expected, we we struggled with and what we love about being mamas!  We agreed that we need to get together again soon.  Maybe even take the babies to the park!

I'm certain Harper and Henry are going to be great friends some day.  Emily and I might already be planning their first prom! :-)


1 comment:

  1. I love it! It was so wonderful to see you and Harper today! I'm going to have to put a link to this on our blog! =)

    ReplyDelete